News for wot

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: News for wot

Post by Djchopper1 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Posted on October 20, 2014 by Silentstalker — 23 Comments ↓
Check out the Chieftain’s article on why quoting B.Cooper’s Death Traps is not a good idea…

Anyway, not much today:

- a player stated that the new high-caliber (152,170mm) sounds in 9.4 sound like a combination of three successive sounds. Storm confirmed that, stating that it’s a trick, done in movies to improve the “power” of the sound.
- Storm does not know exactly, but it’s possible the developers are experimenting with transferring WoT to WWISE (new sound engine)
- IS-7 will not be buffed: “the HD IS-7 became stronger than the old one”
- IS-6 penetration buff is not planned
- the famous Stalingrad fountain with kids playing will not be present on the ingame map, as it did not fit the segment that was modelled
- developers are still working on XP for tanking
- T-34-3 will not be buffed more than it is in round 1 in 9.4
- remember that Igromir video host? Russian players found out that she “acted” in an… adult movie, so to say.
- regarding the “Recruitment” program, it will not be usable to train your twinks due to limitations
- Stalingrad will appear in the game without Havok at first
- +/-1 MM will not be introduced

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:09 am

BT-SV and Type 59 To Be Sold In Gift Shop
Posted on October 20, 2014 by Silentstalker — 183 Comments ↓
Source: Tanitha’s Post

Thanks to mttspiii for this one.

Hello everyone,

according to Tanitha’s post from ASIA forums, an interesting thing is about to happen:

- Type 59 (as a part of one-time-only offer) will be temporarily sold in gift shop
- BT-SV will be sold as well as a part of a 100 USD bundle

There are currently no plans to introduce MTLS and Panzer II Ausf.J to the shop. This is valid specifically for ASIA server, but I have to wonder – is Wargaming so in need of a lot of money as to cross that boundary on US, RU and EU?

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am

Straight Outta Supertest: Premium Tiger
Posted on October 22, 2014 by Silentstalker — 55 Comments ↓
Source: http://world-of-ru.livejournal.com/3563049.html

Hello everyone,

for some really weird reason, Wargaming added a premium tier 7 Tiger in historical configuration (88mm L/56) to the supertest. It’s identical to the regular Tiger, but in roughly historical setup (132 pen on tier 7 (yay!), 650 hp engine), but it has 1700 hitpoints (instead of 1500) and 3000 DPM (elite Tiger has cca 2200).

It is not known, what is this vehicle for. I asked around at WG and noone seems to know, it’s possible that it will actually be a regular premium tank (to be sold). Some speculated that it’s something related to Fury (“raid boss”), but we have no indication that there is such a mod in preparation (far too late for that).

Here are its stats (for 100 percent crew)

Hitpoints: 1700
Viewrange: 380

Turret armor: 100/100/80 (identical to regular Tiger elite turret)

Gun: 88mm L/56
Penetration: 132
Damage: 220
DPM: 2928
Reload: 4,507s
ROF: 13,313
Accuracy: 0,307
Aimtime: 1,73
Depression: -8

Engine: 650hp
Weight: 56,57 tons
Power-to-weight: 11,49 (elite regular Tiger has 12,15)
Hull traverse: 30 deg/s (elite regular Tiger has 26)
Maximum speed: 40/12
Terrain resistance: 1,055/1,151/2,397 (1,151/1,342/2,781)

Clones for the clone god!

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:06 am

Buff My Tank: Chi-Ri
Posted on October 22, 2014 by Silentstalker — 36 Comments ↓
Author: Daigensui

Originally I was planning to write the third part of Japanese tank destroyers, but quite a bit of fire from other locations has made me decide to add fuel to the fire. On the one side I’m considered a traitor for not giving Japanese tanks all possible advantages (such as the Chi-To engine), on the other side I’m some Japanophile who would do anything to fool WG into believing overbuffed information. Obviously I’m neither, but let’s see how it goes.

Chi-Ri is quite a problematic vehicle. It is essentially a larger Chi-To with only the autoloading gun being its advantage. It has barely enough engine power to cover the large weight, no armor to speak off (for a Tier VII medium), and a size which defies the idea of a medium tank. All in all, it is at most a 6.5 tier vehicle, just barely surviving.On my various business trips to Japan earlier in May, I found the articles mentioned in the Chi-To article and gave them to the necessary people, resulting in its being known in WG ASIA by late June and picked up by WG_Phalanx (WGJP military adviser) for translation and transmission to WG Minsk in July. Unfortunately, with several issues exploding in early June, I lost quite a bit of will with research in general, and focused on finalizing various elements of the tank destroyers (thus the TD articles). It was only in September that I came back to medium tanks, and got the will to write “Buff My Tank”.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get anything on Chi-Ri, despite it being the problematic daughter. Likely it is due to my looking at the wrong places within the limited time I had, but either way it was always nagging me in the back of my head. Along with a few incidents in June, I lost quite a bit of will with research in general, instead focusing more on reviewing things.

Thankfully, someone found a chart of tank specifications made in August 31, 1945, and posted it in the above mentioned WG ASIA thread. It is the following:

BuAbYK3

A bit hard to read, but essentially the last row states that “Experimental Type 5 Medium Tank” had a combat weight of 37,000 kilograms. This is quite different from the current 42.26 tons in the game, leading to a 12.44% reduction in weight. The result would be a power/weight ratio of 14.86 hp/t, nothing outstanding but decent enough for the horrible mobility it currently has. We also have the additional bonus of reconfirming Chi-To’s combat weight.

Of course, since armor and size are not going to change (historical accuracy and all that), we’re going to need more than just a 12% increase in mobility to buff Chi-Ri. That is where penetration buff comes in, using the earlier chart from the Chi-To article:

GCMCBtO

Because some people were having trouble understand the significance of this chart, I’ll re-explain it:

Test plate: steel plate (not RHA) at 90 degrees.
Test Gun: 7.5 cm Tank Gun Type 5
Test Ammo: 7.5 cm Armor-Piercing Type 1

100 m: 200 mm
400 m: 180 mm
650 m: 160 mm
1,000 m: 140 mm
1,600 m: 100 mm
2,500 m: 60 mm

According to Japanese records, apparently steel plates had 20~25% less protection than RHA (So basically steel plate would have 75~80% protection when compared to RHA), although I frankly think it goes up even more for decent RHA. Supposing we use 30% less protection (70% of RHA protection), it gives us something like the following:

100 m: 140 mm
400 m: 126 mm
650 m: 112 mm
1,000 m: 98 mm
1,600 m: 70 mm
2,500 m: 42 mm

So, we have a buff from 124 mm to 140 mm. One might ask how there is such a difference between 1944 and 1945. I mentioned that 1945 ammo quality had gone up, with even the US military noticing it. Quite a few questioned this, thinking that I’m faking things. Well, the US wrote an intelligence report published in July 1945 specifically mentioning this: “Recent combat reports indicate that the quality of the 47-mm armor-piercing, high-explosive projectile has been improved.” With combat examples of Chi-Ha managing to penetrate Sherman M4A3 with relatively little trouble when compared to the legend of invincible US tanks, this shows clearly that APHE quality was certainly going up.

As a side note, apparently some people (due to faulty translations) were thinking that the discussion of test plate quality had something to do with increasing armor quality. It had nothing to do with such notions, since it was only explaining why the chart had a nominally outrageous penetration of 200 mm at 100 meters. Furthermore, I discussed Soviet test plates to show that for a country which did not have faulty manufacturing, plain steel plates were considered to have only 50% protection of RHA, compared to 70~80% RHA protection noted by the Japanese. To translate, Japanese RHA had 1.25%~142.8% more protection while Soviet RHA had 200% more protection than steel plates when used in tests. This is not some “Japanese steel was superior than Soviet” that some people with English comprehension issues believed was what I wrote.

As you can see, we cannot do anything about the size or armor of Chi-Ri (since those are hardcore historical specifications), but we can certainly reduce the weight and increase penetration. Combined with the “unique” autoloading system and Toku Kou/Otsu rounds, Chi-Ri should be able to finally hold its own when used by the average player. It took a while for this to be organized, but as I said, new things come up every day. It is up to us to find them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Posted on October 22, 2014 by Silentstalker — 37 Comments ↓
- apparently, all the servers (including ASIA) will have the M24 Chaffee Sport crews, left over from Chaffee race event, retrained to regular Chaffee for free in 9.4
- Storm wants to apparently nerf the camo a bush provides to your tank by 20-25 percent
- there will apparently be a video, showing how the new gun sounds were recorded
- there was a “funny” episode in World of Warships development – at one point, there was a piece of land with some indestructible houses. Everything was fine, but the developers discovered that the FPS is dropping a lot, whenever these houses appeared on the screen. The issue was investigated and it was found out that inside one of the houses there was a bathtub and inside it, there was a model of a small plastic duck swimming, which would be a silly joke from one of the artists, were it not for the fact that the duck had around one million polygons…
- Storm confirms that the 9.4 gun sounds are the same as the ones from 9.1 Test 1, excluding high calibers. Some other filters were applied as well.
- developers are currently working on 9.4 Test 2
- developers are working on implementing polls and votes to WoT interface
- new HD tanks? “When they are done”
- developers now admit that the feedback on the new sounds is negative, they however are not sure, whether it’s just because those who like them stay silent and those who don’t whine
- from now on, every test client round will not be downloaded as a patch, every test will downloaded separately as a complete client (cca 7,7 GB). This was decided because “unfortunately, a huge part of playerbase was not able to follow the patching instructions”
- Havok coming this year? “It’s possible, but no guarantees”

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:34 am

Posted on October 22, 2014 by Silentstalker — 140 Comments ↓
- apparently, all the servers (including ASIA) will have the M24 Chaffee Sport crews, left over from Chaffee race event, retrained to regular Chaffee for free in 9.4
- Storm wants to apparently nerf the camo a bush provides to your tank by 20-25 percent
- there will apparently be a video, showing how the new gun sounds were recorded
- there was a “funny” episode in World of Warships development – at one point, there was a piece of land with some indestructible houses. Everything was fine, but the developers discovered that the FPS is dropping a lot, whenever these houses appeared on the screen. The issue was investigated and it was found out that inside one of the houses there was a bathtub and inside it, there was a model of a small plastic duck swimming, which would be a silly joke from one of the artists, were it not for the fact that the duck had around one million polygons…
- Storm confirms that the 9.4 gun sounds are the same as the ones from 9.1 Test 1, excluding high calibers. Some other filters were applied as well.
- developers are currently working on 9.4 Test 2
- developers are working on implementing polls and votes to WoT interface
- new HD tanks? “When they are done”
- developers now admit that the feedback on the new sounds is negative, they however are not sure, whether it’s just because those who like them stay silent and those who don’t whine
- from now on, every test client round will not be downloaded as a patch, every test will downloaded separately as a complete client (cca 7,7 GB). This was decided because “unfortunately, a huge part of playerbase was not able to follow the patching instructions”
- Havok coming this year? “It’s possible, but no guarantees”

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:43 am

9.4 Test Round 2 Started
Posted on October 23, 2014 by Silentstalker — 37 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

test 2 of 9.4 has begun, with the following changes (compared to test 1):

- added new map Stalingrad
- reworked the gun sounds, based on test 1 feedback
- fixed the bug where the ricochet damage counted twice, fixing also the improper issuing of Dumitru, Orlik, Bombardier and Warrior medals
- fixed the bug with shells flying through tanks, that appeared in test 1
- reworked the design of game menu, that opens when pressing Escape

- fixed issues in visual models on following vehicles: Stug IV, M56, Object 260, Panzer II Ausf.D, Panther 88, Centurion 7/1, KV-85, M5 Stuart, M3 Lee
- fixed issues in collision models on following vehicles: T-55 NVA DDR, Object 260, T95E2, StuG IV, Panther mit 8,8 cm L/71
- fixed visual camouflage on models of T95E2, Tiger II, E 100
- fixed the loading capacity on StuG IV and Panzer II Ausf.D
- nerfed the reload time of T28 Concept

- added sound effects to the artillery support effect
- sounds of environmental objects exploding (barrels, cars) were made quieter
- fixed the background of some UI elements
- fixed some UI and game issues of Stronghold mode
- fixed some UI issues in team battle mode
- fixed some issues with replay playback
- fixed inconsistencies between visual and collision models of certain environmental objects
- fixed some visual issues of certain environmental objects
- fixed the bug where voicechat stopped working properly after the return to battle
- added some special effects, that didn’t make it to test 1
- reworked some shell surface impact effects for some surfaces
- added icons for new tanks, that appeared on test 1
- fixed synchronization bugs in the open window of battle statistics
- it is now allowed to add offline players to game formations (platoons, companies etc.)
- disabled the general chat in the Special Battles window
- fixed the sharp boundary of dynamic shadows on sloped surfaces
- fixed some small interface bugs

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Posted on October 24, 2014 by Silentstalker — 50 Comments ↓
- Storm confirms: Sixth Sense will not be simply a perk, it will be radioman’s “ability”, that will work always
- a player was complaining, that the role of armor in the game is decreased by vehicles (guns), that are too new, being introduced into the game. Storm states that it’s not about the age of the vehicle, but only the gun’s penetration. Whether gun penetration will change Storm cannot say for now, he needs to analyze additional statistics. He thinks that he’ll recieve the statistics soon.
- Storm played a lot on new Murovanka and he thinks the map improved, you have more freedom to act.
- Q: “Maus had 265mm frontal armor, buff!” A (SerB): “That’s complete crap and ignorance on the matter unfortunately.”
- SerB states that the situation where you have the Intuition loader perk, that activates as soon as the countdown reaches 0 when you switch shells during countdown is correct
- 9.5 will come around New Year apparently

- Storm thinks 9.4 is not “some half-patch” – “there’s a new map, premium tanks being tested in order to be released for New Year, noticeable optimizations and new version of Stronghold – many things that are pointless to postpone”
- it’s possible 9.5 will contain a new batch of tanks with transmission/engine split
- in 9.4 Test 2, Stalingrad has increased chance of dropping
- Panther 88mm will not have limited MM according to Storm, bit he admits it might still change
- developers are currently balancing new tanks for 9.5 (“there are many of those”)
- developers will consider the fate of KV-5 radioman after the Sixth Sense is reworked
- 9.5 will bring no reworked HD tanks, only new tanks (the Firefly branch, premium and special tanks)
- the Firefly branch WILL have its own tier 10 (SS: FV4005 Stage 2 – because this game TOTALLY needs another FV215b 183, only without any armor but with better gun handling)
- few patches back, developers were working on doppler effect of “shells whistling by” – but Storm is not sure where did that go
- Storm confirms that the 1/1/1 armor of M56 Scorpion is correct (“it will suffer if rammed”)
- there is a chance Havok might until New Year, but no guarantees

Storm states that in 9.4 Test 2, they did the following with the sounds:
- lowered the deafening shot sound filter niveau in the turret
- made the metallic clank element of the shot sound louder
- tweaked the volume levels
- made the sounds of large calibers a bit louder

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:45 am

Evilly Asking a Bunch of Questions
Posted on October 25, 2014 by Silentstalker — 153 Comments ↓
Source: http://world-of-kwg.livejournal.com/305947.html

Hello everyone,

Anton “Evilly” Pankov (WoT producer, which means not just random community guy) is asking players a bunch of questions, let’s help him out a bit! In case you are interested in answering – go ahead. Offtopic, trolling and profanities will be deleted (and punished by RO), so please be reasonable. You wanted a say in WoT development? Well, now he’s listening.

1) What do you think is wrong in current random battles? (Evilly: no skill MM) Anything missing?
2) What are your goals in random battles? (grinding, high stats, farming missions…)
3) What do you think about garage battles in random and garage battles in general? (on tier 10 for example) – if you like it, why? Aren’t you afraid of leavers?
4) What do you think of a FFA (free for all, deathmatch – not duel) mode? On tier 8,9,10
5) What do you think of a team PvP Battleground mode with checkpoints (MOBA without AI)
6) What mode (solo or platoon, not requiring teams) is according to you the most suitable for tanks? Offer your own
7) If you want to, make a proposition for your own mode for random battles (like assault, encounter etc.)

So, here’s your chance to shine. I will link it to him if the comments are any good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:46 am

Posted on October 25, 2014 by Silentstalker — 93 Comments ↓
- Confrontation mode will return when it is rebalanced
- acting on XVM win prediction is “self-deception” according to Evilly – even 45-46 winrate players can carry a game
- troll platoons will be fixed
- apparently, developers were planning a system, where you get notified, when someone you reported gets banned. This function however is tied to the “new chat” system, which is not developed yet.
- regarding the question above, Storm states that the developers are working on a chat system, unified for all three games, the server side is ready and it’s already partially in use in WoT- Storm states that PvP historical battles with “simulator” motion mechanics (as in, very historical tank motion) would be played by too few people (points out that War Thunder tanks are played by very few people)
- new regular vehicles will come next year
- apparently, an improved tutorial (along with extended tank info, such as armor inspector) are planned for next year
- in the future, team battles will have a mode for tier 10′s
- Battlefield series have different target audience than WoT according to Storm
- Evilly states that the problem with leavers in Garage Battle mode is perhaps the most important one – if they are banned from leaving, they will actively undermine their own team. It’s possible that the leaver punishment for garage battles will have to be stricter than it is now in WoT
- Storm confirms: FV4005 Stage 2 will be tier 10 TD
- the option to flip tanks on their roof will come with new motion physics
- Q: “When will we have a good sound engine, capable of “bending sound” around obstacles like in BF4?” A: “As soon as we can afford to have 10 Gb of sound content”
- for Wargaming, client size is a very, very important parameter
- there are plans to transfer WoT to new version of Bigworld – again.
- IS-7 lowres HD model will not be fixed in 9.4

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:47 am

No Golden Joystick for Wargaming in 2014
Posted on October 25, 2014 by Silentstalker — 46 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

last night, the Golden Joystick ceremony took place – perhaps the most prestigious current game award (or so Wargaming claimed, when they won in 2013 with World of Tanks). Wargaming had three contestants present:

- Best Online Game category – World of Tanks for Xbox
- Best Online Game category – World of Warplanes
- Best Mobile Game category – World of Tanks Blitz

Here are the official results.

So, how many categories did Wargaming win? Well, none. In Best Online Game category, neither WG game was even in top 3 (I guess that’s not really surprising).

But don’t worry, Wargaming, you still win the Golden Donkey award and I am sure that’s like totally more valuable to you guys Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:48 am

Ensign’s Q&A #23
Posted on October 25, 2014 by EnsignExpendable — 15 Comments ↓
Man, it’s been a while since the last one of these. Let’s see what’s clogging up the ol’ mailbox.

Q: Several sources state that Soviet tank crews were forbidden from opening their hatches in combat and had to fight while buttoned up, reducing their ability to observe the battlefield. Is this true?

A: Not entirely. TL;DR: Soviet tank crewmen must observe their surroundings with open hatches out of battle. When contact with the enemy is made, they must close the hatches, but may reopen them if the target is lost. In urban combat, hatches must remain closed.Q: Is it possible to ignite a T-34 by shooting at external gas tanks?

A: External gas tanks were either emptied or removed when entering combat, so their presence would be unlikely. Even if the vehicles were attacked mid-march, the fuel tanks are not connected to the fuel system, and if one catches fire or explodes, it will not destroy the tank.

Q: Do you have any information on reclamation of tanks and weapons? I heard that the Soviets didn’t start cleaning up the battlefields until the 1970s.

A: Soviet recovery teams searched battlefields immediately after the battle for tanks that could be towed back to recovery areas (SPAMs) and either repaired there or sent to back to a factory for refurbishment. However, tanks stuck in forests or swamps that were lost without a trace remained there for ages. Some are still there to this day.

Also, there was a significant drive to recover steel after the war, so it’s unlikely that perfectly good materials would be left for decades. I’ve talked to people that were born in the early 40s, and they recall playing in salvage yards filled with rusted tanks and guns in their childhood, which would put the start of massed recovery efforts into the late 40s or early 50s.

Q: What is a good guide for ranges at which German tanks could penetrate Allied armour?

A: For nice colourful diagrams, there is always the Tigerfibel. For other vehicles, Osprey books have tables of how far tanks have to be from each other to penetrate various parts of their armour, but I haven’t looked into how accurate they are or whose sources they use.

Q: PzIII, PzIV and Panthers had side skirts to protect their side armour. How effective were these modifications?

A: The side skirts protected from only anti-tank rifles, and were ineffective against any cannon caliber. I’ve read reports that the side skirts were extremely unwieldy, especially when driving in wooded areas, and would always get caught on things, but were useful in urban combat.

Q: How is an HE shell’s performance evaluated? I thought that a bigger caliber HE shell would perform better.

A: Effectiveness of shells is evaluated by the amount of lethal shrapnel produced, and how far it flies. Bigger shell does not necessarily mean better HE action. If you put too much explosive in a shell, it will explode into dust, generally having a poor fragmentation effect. Too little, and the shell will crack open into only a few fragments, barely killing anyone at all. A good HE shell has a balance of explosive substance.

The material the shell is made of also matters. American research showed that Soviet HE shells made of cast iron fragment better than American made shells of similar calibers, but are restricted to lower muzzle velocities.

As for the standards of effectiveness, the Soviets define an area of effect as a rectangle in which at least 50% of the targets are struck by lethal shrapnel. The British define this area as an area “on which the average density of throughs and deep strikes on vertical wooden targets is 1 per 10 square feet”. I haven’t come across German or American standards, but even these two show that the evaluation of HE varied from country to country, as did standards for AP penetration.

Q: You mentioned you had a table of ranges at which the T-34 can penetrate a PzIII. Can I see it?

A: Certainly. Digits cut off by the scan are shown as Xes.

Armour component

Thickness

Angle to vertical

Distance for complete penetration

90 deg. 80 70 60 50 40 30
Upper front plate 40 48 800 800 700 560 370 230 xx
Lower front plate 40 15 1900 1800 1630 1360 1040 720 35x
Turret platform front 50 8 1860 1970 1940 1720 1380 890 50x
Turret front 50 10 1900 1970 1940 1720 1380 890 50x
Upper rear plate 50 5 1800 1940 1940 1760 1380 940 50x
Middle rear plate 50 0 1680 1900 1940 1760 1380 940 50x
That’s enough for today, I suppose. Don’t hesitate to send more questions to tankarchives@gmail.com.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:49 am

“Mysterious” IGR tanks in 9.4 CT2
Posted on October 26, 2014 by Silentstalker — 6 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

some of you might have noticed two things:

- with the introduction of 9.4 second test patch, Tank Inspector started crashing, when attempting to pull data from the client
- the test introduced a whole bunch of “odd” vehicle files with the letters “IGR” in their file name

As you might have guessed, those two events are related. Hillin (Tank Inspector developer) started digging and discovered those files. The vehicles are the following: AMX 13 90, AMX 50 100, AMX AC.Mle.1948, WZ131, Caenarvon, Cromwell, Centurion, FV304, IS-3, ISU-152, Jagdtiger, KV-2, Panther II, Tiger, Tiger II, KV-85, Sherman Jumbo, STA-1, StuG III Ausf. G, T34 (Heavy), T-44, T49 (Light), T69, T71. They are all in elite configuration and the models are identical to the regular tanks (no changes).

This is how they look in Tank Inspector Pro:http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/image001.jpgNow, to explain what this means: these vehicles are meant for Korean server (and possibly the Chinese one), specifically for internet café gameplay. Here in Europe, this sort of thing died out, but in Korea, café gaming is a culture thing (as explained by Daigensui). If I understand it correctly, you simply “rent” these vehicles in an internet café and in selected cafés cooperating with Wargaming, you will (apart from the standard premium bonuses) get another 50 percent to XP and credits bonus for your account, as well as gold for a certain amount of battles played.

Whether this is related to the leaked supertest “premium Tiger” in any way, that I do not know, but I don’t think so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:50 am

M56 Scorpion in Morocco
Posted on October 26, 2014 by Silentstalker — 4 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

I don’t usually post just a few pictures like that, but this is pretty interesting. You know we have the M56 Scorpion coming up as an American premium tank destroyer – but other countries used it too. Here’s something rather exotic – it was used by Morocco as well, here are the pictures, courtesy of Saàd, who lives there:
http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/11518266.jpghttp://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/13480545.jpghttp://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/clipbo38.jpgAnd here are the Moroccan specifications for the vehicle:

Constructor: Cadillac Motor Car Division of General Motors Corp.
Original country: USA
Service: 1953
Products: +60
Length: 4.557 m
Width: 2.573 m
Weight in combat order: 7.144 Kg
Crew: 4 (driver, commander , gunner and a loader)
Max speed: 28 km/h
Operational range: 230 km
Engine: Continental AOI-402-5 gas 6 injection cylindre
Power to weight ratio: 200 hp / 35 hp/t
Gun caliber: 90-mm
Shells: 29 shell 90-mm
Armor: none

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Straight Outta Supertest: STA-2 Changes
Posted on October 26, 2014 by Silentstalker — 14 Comments ↓
Source: FTA VK community

Hello everyone,

on the supertest server, STA-2 upcoming tier 8 premium Japanese medium tank was buffed thus:

- DPM buffed from 2029,3 to 2115,1
- reload time buffed from 7,096 to 6,808
- ROF buffed from 8,456 to 8,813
- aimtime buffed from 2,21 to 2,11
- accuracy loss from moving a turred buffed by cca 20 percent
- hitpoints buffed from 1400 to 1420
- repair costs very slightly nerfed

New vehicle statistics are like this:

Tier 8 MT
Hitpoints: 1420
Engine: 500hp
Weight: 34 tons
Power-to-weight: 14,71 hp/t
Maximum speed: 45/20 km/h
Hull traverse: 44 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,959/1,055/1,918

Hull armor: 45/35/?
Turret armor: 70/60/?

Gun: 90mm
Damage: 240
Penetration: 185,9
DPM: 2115,1
ROF: 8,813
Accuracy: 0,355
Aimtime: 2,11s
Depression: -10
Turret traverse: 43,8 deg/s

Viewrange: 380
Radiorange: 720

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Posted on October 26, 2014 by Silentstalker — 47 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

check out Listy’s articles on one of the best StuG aces and about personal soldier armor

- apparently, the feature where top three players of losing team get extra credits will not be implemented
- Chi-Ri had several variants of suspension, it’s possible that one of the heavier ones with 88mm will be added to the heavy Japanese tank branch (SS: SerB is mistaken here. The 88mm Chi-Ri is a fake, started by American engineers exploring the Japanese vehicle plans after the war)
- Chinese-used Chi-Ha did not have any special Chinese designation
- apparently, SerB is participating in alphatesting of WoWs, but he’s hiding
- when removing interface in battle (pressing V), FPS goes up a lot? “Most likely your card doesn’t do well with Scaleform – that’s a Flash-like engine, widely used for interface creation. Please note that we are not responsible for Scaleform-based mod optimization.”
- Storm realizes that STA-2 (upcoming Japanese premium) is worse than STA-1, but “unfortunately, we haven’t simply found any other candidate- Evilly states that in 9.5 or 9.6, premium vehicle profitability will be further buffed (“indirectly”)
- it’s possible that the AFK punishment system will be changed to take game crashes into account
- Storm states that the difference between FV215b (183) and FV4005 Stage 2 will be: “One will be armored and slow, the other unrarmored and relatively fast.”
- Storm himself is bothered by the modellers always saying “sorry, we don’t have any new HD models for this patch”, but he can’t do anything about it
- there will be third test of 9.4
- Storm states that the situation where on GTX550Ti enabling shadows causes you to lose 20 FPS is normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:37 am

9.4 Sounds for Download
Posted on October 29, 2014 by Silentstalker — 1 Comment ↓
Hello everyone,

if you read FTR, you know that WG decided to remove the new gun sounds from tests 1 and 2 in test 3. The official reason is that they cause performance issues on weak computers.

In any case, if you actually like the sounds, you can download them here.

You install them by unpacking them and by copying the files in the pack to yourWoTfolder\res\audio folder. Since there was no change in the game engine, these sounds should actually work in 0.9.3 as well.
RavenousSix on October 29, 2014 at 10:32 am said:
Do not install these for 9.3 They will make your client crash and not load the game at all.

This was a stupid idea. I tried to use them to hear the new sounds and now my game wont go into a match it freezes on the match startup screen.

Aegis27 on October 29, 2014 at 10:37 am said:
DO NOT INSTALL IN 9.3!

They cause a crash as soon as you load into the game for me. Bar fills to 100% and you’re stuck there.

Hope Silent sees this and updates this post ASAP, since I’m a dumb ass and forgot to backup my audio files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:38 am

Posted on October 28, 2014 by Silentstalker — 172 Comments ↓
Hello everyone, please note that the 122mm HE Soviet shell alpha buff is unintentional and will likely be cancelled.

- according to Storm, the statement that limited MM is one of the premium vehicle characteristics is incorrect, as large part of the premium vehicles have normal MM
- Storm states that nerfing limited MM to regular MM happened only once for a premium tank – with Type 59. The tendency for premium tanks is more like the opposite, as it was recently with the AT-15A and M6A2E1
- WoT is using Scaleform for UI ever since beta test
- Archer will likely play the same way as the Crusader SP (SS: going faster backwards than forwards)
- Storm confirms that more than half of Waffentragers E-100 don’t even finish shooting their first clip before they are destroyed
- for now, there are no plans to buff M48 Patton
- the best ETA available for the Sixth Sense rework is “next year”, it will most likely come with the complete perk overhaul
- Storm states that the importance of perks will most likely not be improved, because it would make old players with many perk crews overpowered
- Storm states that the HD model experiments were conducted on IS-4
- the Havok got delayed, because developers “were ashamed” to introduce only small object destruction in first round and went to work on building destruction instead and now they are “stuck on the issue of performance”
- Storm states that if artillery gets “normal accuracy” (SS: as in, pre-nerf one), it would have to be compensated by alpha reduction, aimtime and shell flight velocity, which is something the developers really don’t want to do
- developers considered the variant, where HE shells would be split into normal HE shells and artillery HE shells (with reduced damage), but they considered that unrealistic
- according to Storm, there is no guarantee that patch 0.9.9 will be followed by 1.0.0, it’s completely possible to have 0.9.20 for example
- there are no plan for complete tier 6-8 rebalance in connection with new vehicle introduction
- Storm states that if you want to use the 0.9.4 gun sounds, it’s no problem to use them downloaded, because the sound engine did not change
- Storm doesn’t consider the “intro video” to be a problem that should have an option to disable it, as you can simply press escape to skip it
- Storm states that 9.5 will definitely come before New Year
- according to Storm, there is no delay in work on HD models, only a delay in their release, as there are really many vehicles in remodelling process at the same time
- turning LT’s into “paper MT’s” by reducing their MM to normal was not discussed by the developers
- for now, the LT rebalance will consists of only viewrange buffs and nerfs
- for now, the developers haven’t thought about garage customization or selection
- there were some ideas about allowing players to customize the look of their tanks, but it all was postponed after all the tanks are reworked to HD
- for now, the developers haven’t worked on dynamic tank characteristics
- developers are also considering a new PvE mode of team battles versus a team of bots
- “very large” maps will not be implemented for now, but there will be tests with larger maps, such as 1,2×1,2km or 1,4×1,4km. These might also come to random battles, tests will show. These larger maps might simply be extended original maps, the way it was made with Murovanka.
- Storm admits that many didn’t like the Murovanka rework, because a lot of people liked camping in the forest and firing at everything that got spotted
- developers considered making the small medal count the way it is in Xbox version (SS: I have no idea how it is in Xbox version)
- Storm confirms that all models will be completely reworked to HD
- it’s not sure yet, whether HD KV-220 will get its IRL (T-150) turret
- the “critical hit bell” sound will not return, it was scrapped as “uninformative”
- minimap will soon be reworked apparently (SS: to resemble the XVM one partially)
- developers will consider reworking HESH mechanics
- for now, no data are available yet on the statistics the developers collected on gold shells
- tournament tanks (tier 7-Cool will not have priority for HD rework
- for now, there is no info whether new sounds will appear (again) in 9.5
- apparently, the option of displaying the statistics of only tanks in your hangar (the ticker that “unticks” every time) will become permanent (won’t untick with every client restart)
- the 9.4 sounds were completely scrapped, there won’t be a separate mod release
- there is no ETA or Dx11 support
- 340mm Japanase mortar artillery will likely be implemented, but definitely not in 2015
- there will be connections (SS: bridges, links, not sure what word is used commonly) between the old British branches and the 9.5 one
- modelling of the HD FV4202 hasn’t started yet, same goes for Chieftain – developers are waiting for photos and other data from Bovington (SS: I heard it was delayed, do not expect it in 9.6)
- “many” modellers work on HD models
- Storm is aware of the M103 gun barrel bug (it’s SD)
- Storm states that creating ingame PvE bots is not as easy as taking an existing player bot and implementing it – the bots players use are working client side and are unoptimized, while WG bots have to work server-side without overloading it
- Storm said regarding the recent “bot waves mode” leak that they are planning such a mode for historical battles as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Straight Outta Supertest: Tier 8 FV4202
Posted on October 29, 2014 by Silentstalker — 89 Comments ↓
Source: VK Wotleaks community

Hello everyone,

currently, supertesters are getting their hands on the tier 8 FV4202, the new premium one. Furthermore, there are rumors that around the end of the year, some “really cool” mission will take place on RU server and that the mission might be related to the FV4202 switch, so maybe it would pay off to buy it as soon as possible. As far as I can tell, the supertesters are using the SD model as a placeholder for tier 8 for now.

The tier 8 FV4202 has following characteristics (these are VERY preliminary and might change):

Tier 8 MT
Price: 11750G (placeholder)
Hitpoints: 1400
Weight: 41,594 tons
Max speed: 35/20
Hull armor: 51/51/32
Turret armor: 170/90/90
Traverse: 42 deg/s
Turret traverse: 32 deg/s
View range: 390 m
Radio range: 750 m

Engine: RR Meteorite 202B
Power: 510 hp
Power-to-weight: 12,26 hp/t
Terrain resistance: 0.6/0.7/1.2
Fire starting chance: 20%

Gun: OQF 20-pdr Gun Type B Barrel
Damage: 230/230/280
Penetration: 226/258/42
Module damage: 118
Reload time: 7.6
Accuracy: 0.33
Aiming time: 2.4
Ammo: 50
Elevation: -10/+20 (back: -2)

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Posted on October 29, 2014 by Silentstalker — 68 Comments ↓
- in 9.5, Sherman Firefly will be researchable from Sherman III and Sherman III from Grant (SS: the connection between new/old branches will be Valentine to Archer)
- it’s possible Churchill Gun Carrier will lose the 32pdr gun and will drop to tier 5
- Q: “Back in the day, it was possible to always find a strategy 1vs1″ A: “In +/-3 MM as well?”
- in 9.5, Challenger and Avenger will be mixed into one vehicle. It’s possible those vehicles will exist as separate hulls, when alternative hulls are implemented.
- FV4004 Conway has “frontal armor roughly like a Centurion”, only the FV4005 has paper armor

And now, for interesting news – Storm: “Most likely, we will reject HD resolution” (he means HD models), he reasons as such:

“HD textures for one vehicle have cca 80 Mb. 400 tanks * 80 Mb = 32 Gb of textures only for tanks. 80 Mb * 30 tanks in battle = 2,4 Gb in video memory only for tanks. And then there are maps and environmental objects, so the number above can be roughly multiplied by two. Maybe in 10 years from now on, we will return to HD. When resources and internet channels are sufficient.”

This matter was already decided. Storm adds that the display of HD textures on your own tank only was the first thing they did a patch ago to reduce the stress on memory. But after calculating the total size of the game client, it was decided to remove the HD textures altogether.
- individual missions will come in 9.5, along with their respective reward tanks
- there will not be the option to test individual mission tanks before they are implemented
- no large vehicle rebalance is planned for 9.5
- New Year gift tank? “No comment Smile
- Storm on possible E-25 removal from the shop: “Wasn’t my decision. Ask those, who are spreading this piece of information Smile
- apparently, when IS-3 is transformed into HD, it will have worse lower frontal plate angle, but otherwise, the armor level will improve – in case of side armor significantly
- Storm confirms: around 150 HD models are currently in rework

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:50 pm

Posted on October 30, 2014 by Silentstalker — 102 Comments ↓
Just to make it absolutely clear, because it seems that some people misunderstood the post yesterday: HD models (high polygon) are not getting scrapped, only the highest resolution textures are.

Oh yea and the third campaign is announced, check the portal.

- the fact that there is a chance for the Churchill GC to be moved to tier 5 doesn’t mean the same situation applies for ARL 40, because the situation with it is more complicated due to the fact it’s the only vehicle on tier 6 for France
- Q: “How come WT E-100 killed me with my FV4202 in close combat, shouldn’t MT own TD at close range?” A: “It would seem so.”
- Q: “Why don’t you make maps with different side sizes, like 1,2*1,4 instead of just 1,2*1,2? Is there some sort of game or design limitation preventing you from doing that?” A: “No. We simply didn’t get to do that.”- so far there is no exact plan to change the situation of “medal spam” of easy-to-get medals in battles (specifically the way they are displayed)
- Japanese heavies in 2015? “Well, I can’t talk about that Smile
- Storm explains the thing from yesterday with HD models: “We didn’t decide to remove HD models. You’ll get them all. It’s simply that the textures will only be “cool” instead of “super cool”. It will still be much better than the current vehicles, that weren’t reworked to HD yet.”
- Storm states that the HD texture resolution was scrapped because from normal game distance of 3-4 meters, the difference between HD and somewhat lower resolution is very small
- Storm also adds that internally, they will make the textures in HD resolution, they just won’t distribute them and that if in two years the GPU situation allows it, they will re-introduce HD textures. He adds as well that with the HD they planned, even SSD owners would have lags, because there is a problem with transfer of data from RAM to GPU memory and vice versa
- apparently, it will not be possible to test the new upcoming premiums (T55A, T28 etc.) on common test by players in 9.5
- Russian players are apparently not happy that even in Russia, the prices in the gift shop are tied to USD and not rubles, making WG products more and more expensive for RU players as the ruble exchange rate sinks due to the geopolitical situation
- no plans to buff the Lowe

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Straight Outta Supertest: WoT Invite Program
Posted on October 30, 2014 by Silentstalker — 46 Comments ↓

Hello everyone,

the supertesters is currently busy with testing the new “referral” (player invite) program. Basically, if you invite a player:

If you and the player will play together (platoon), every “successful” battle, you will get XP bonuses of the following style (the multipliers are placeholders for supertest):

- for the first hour from first successful battle together – x3 XP (once, doesn’t reset)
- the following days, after the x3 period is over, it’s x2 XP
- after the recruiter gains 10000 referral (bonus) XP from the x2 event, it is reduced to x1,5

These bonuses add up to all the other XP bonuses (premium account, missions, first victory). Furthermore, the recruiter will be awarded for reaching X amount of referral XP as such (the numbers are placeholders, will differ on real server):

- certain number of XP: 1 million credits
- certain number of XP (step 1 x 3): T95E2 special loader crewmember with enough crew XP on him for 2 perks
- certain number of XP (step 1 x 5): T95E2 special driver crewmember with enough crew XP on him for 2 perks
- certain number of XP (step 1 x 7): T95E2 special gunner crewmember with enough crew XP on him for 2 perks
- certain number of XP (step 1 x 10): T95E2 special commander crewmember with enough crew XP on him for 2 perks and a free T95E2 tank + garage slot

Furthermore, if the “recruit” buys a tier 10 tank, the “recruiter” immediately gets a T95E2 tank with a free garage slot. If the recruiter continues to gather the referral XP and reaches the last stage (commander + free tank for step1x10) while already having the T95E2, he will get just the commander.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:50 pm

Commanders!

Soon the long-awaited Third Campaign will start on the Global Map. Clans will be able to fight again for unique medals, gold and special clan tanks, which they will be able to choose themselves!

This year, 100 years have passed since the beginning of the First World War, later called the Great War. Considered one of the most global and terrible wars in history, it lasted from 28 July 1914 to 11 November 1918.

This inspired us to dedicate the Third Campaign on the Global Map to this momentous anniversary .

During the Third campaign two Global Maps will be active in parallel: one map designed specifically for the Campaign, the second map working on the standard rules. The Third Campaign map will be opened in test mode on 10 November (standard rules will be applied during testing). On the day the Campaign goes live, the map will be "wiped" and the “world redivision” phase will be turned on. All the chips allocated on the map will return to the reserve.

Stages of the Campaign

The Third Campaign will begin on 17 November and will have three stages:

"Race to the sea" - Vehicles of Tier I-VI will take part.

"Battle of Verdun" - Vehicles of Tier I-VIII will take part.

"Fall of Empires" - Vehicles of Tier I-X will take part.

At each stage, the participants of the battles will face unique missions. Clans will also be able to perform common missions in the scope of the Campaign and get additional awards. Stages are separated by small intervals, during which tankers can have a rest and prepare for the upcoming battles. Before each stage "world redivision" will be performed.

The winners of each stage will be clans that manage to get the largest number of Fame Points.

Fame Points

One of the features of the Third Campaign is the cancellation of the concept of Victory Points. Clan efficiency will be defined as a combination of its strategic successes and its individual members’ efficiency. For the completion of combat missions and other productive actions clans will get Fame Points. Players participating in battles on the Global Map also earn Fame Points, which affects their personal rating, and at the same time, their clans earn additional total number of Fame Points, produced by the clan members.

Note: there are two Fame points ratings: clan and individual

Third Campaign Prizes

Among the prizes for the winners and participants of the Third Campaign there will be gold, unique camouflage, clan tanks and special medals.

Top 20 clans will be awarded with gold:

1st place - 1 000 000 in clan treasury;
2nd place - 500 000 in clan treasury;
3rd place - 300 000 in clan treasury;
4-8th place - 50 000 in clan treasury;
9-13th place - 30000 in clan treasury;
14-20th place - 10000 in clan treasury.

The top 11,000 players who have earned the largest number of Fame Points in the individual competition will be awarded with a Tier X tank of their choice:

Object 907
M60
VK 72.01 (K)
That’s right, unlike in previous campaigns, where the prize tank was determined in advance, here you will be able to choose which tank of the above you want to have in your Garage!

Additionally, the top 20,000 best players will receive a special clan camouflagehttp://worldoftanks.eu/dcont/fb/image/fosh.png

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:17 am

Connection Issues on EU Servers
Posted on October 30, 2014 by Silentstalker — 25 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

currently, Wargaming (not just World of Tanks) is experiencing severe trouble with servers. It is unclear what caused it, but some WG employee posts suggest it was some sort of failure on Wargaming’s side (hardware and such), but as of now (21:35), they do not know what happened. The servers affected are: EU1, RU3, WoWp EU (such loss!) and WoT Blitz RU.

According to German community manager, the situation will hopefully be resolved until 22:00.

Edit (21:49): the core of the problem was found. EU1 should be functional soon.
Edit (22:02): the networking problems have been resolved apparently and currently, WG is working on restoring the gameplay
Edit (22:06): currently no ETA on restoration, they are working on it
Edit (00:06): EU1 should be running by now

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:20 pm

Posted on October 31, 2014 by Silentstalker — 33 Comments ↓
On Russian server, for October, 18101 players were allegedly punished based on the report system, 3748 participants in rigged battles were punished as well and 2882 botters were banned. That’s a nice “harvest” for October.

- apparently, Lowe armor is fine (won’t be buffed)
- by the end of third campaign, M60, VK7201 and Object 907 will not be ready in HD
- the HD model for IS-3 will be IS-3 Model 1945, not the modernized version (IS-3M)
- developers are working on new engine sounds
- after the ramming changes of 9.4, the cases where tanks just bump to one another and one of them rapidly loses 1 hitpoint should be considerably less common
- the exact ramming damage mechanism will not be disclosed
- armor deformation (holes from ramming) will not come anytime soon
- the option to pick your setup for team battle based on the map you get is planned, no ETA currently
- it cannot be generally said that in the new 9.4 ramming system ramming damage will increase – what will increase is the difference between damage done by ramming heavily armored and lightly armored spots
- the influence of tank weight on ramming in 9.4 will not change, the same goes for spaced armor
- when it comes to team damage punishment in collisions, the tank that goes faster is guilty

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Straight Outta Supertest: New Crimean Map
Posted on November 1, 2014 by Silentstalker — 55 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

according to yet unconfirmed news, Wargaming is preparing a new map, called Simferopol (a mediterranean-style map, the way South Coast is allegedly). Unfortunately, there are no details about that yet, but it seems to be true.

What is odd is not really the fact a new map is coming up, but the fact that they would name a new map based on a city in… you guessed it, Crimea. Very subtle, totally not asking for “feedback” from Ukraine. Of course, it would actually be the second Crimean map in the game (South Coast was originally called Crimea, but that was before the nasty business with Russia). Ah well, I’ll post when I have more news about the matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Posted on November 3, 2014 by Silentstalker — 5 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

patch 9.4 is coming out on RU server today (in the night) or early tomorrow , so we can expect EU patch this week as well, likely on Wednesday.

- Q: “Why is Wargaming against introducing new matchmaker?” (SS: I think the player means skill MM, unclear) A (SerB): “There already two ‘new matchmakers’. How many more there will be is not known for now. But they will not be designed by players.”
- SU-122-44 will not get preferential MM
- Storm apparently liked the Fury movie
- Storm states that the tank textures will not be in the future in such a resolution as from 9.0 onwards (HD models), but the resolution will be higher than pre-9.0
- according to Storm, the HD models from 9.2 onwards are of higher quality than the War Thunder ones
- Storm, when asked, where exactly is the “sufficient armor” of the Lowe: “Gun mantlet.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:42 am

Free 1000 Gold (EU, US Server)
Posted on November 4, 2014 by Silentstalker — 66 Comments ↓
Source: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/444330-1k-free-gold/

Hello everyone,

want free 1000 gold? Well, I guess so, but you know everything comes with a price tag. Basically, you have to download random crap you don’t need Overwolf software to your computer.

Here’s how to do it, courtesy of Vonnis (EU forums):

- Go to http://www.overwolf.com/ , download the program and register (you can use a Mailinator address for this if you want), and start up Overwolf.
- Open WoT and log into your account.
- Move your mouse to the left to open the Overwolf overlay, click the colourful icon that says Appstore, then go to Games => Giveaways => WoT giveaway.
- A countdown will now start. Leave WoT running for an hour, and you’ll get a bonus code. Redeem it on WoT portal.

The fact this is legit was confirmed by WG staff. I think I’ll pass, but if you want “free” 1k gold, go ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Posted on November 4, 2014 by Silentstalker — 81 Comments ↓
- World of Tanks models will not have cloth anti-dust covers on the guns (the way War Thunder models have for example)
- it’s not certain that Panther 88 (SS: and thus patch 9.5) will appear until New Year, but Wargaming “will try”
- 9.4 causing mods to stop working again? “Try playing on a clean client. You will get fewer issues Smile” (SS: according to Russian feedback, a LOT of mods stopped working again)
- official 9.5 info will be available around the time when 9.5 hits the open test
- 9.5 Firefly branch will “start with medium tanks and then turn into TD’s” (SS: actually, that’s technically wrong, it will start with light tanks – M2A4 and Honey)
- the bug, where when you played a Stronghold battle and it didn’t count towards statistics was fixed
- in 9.4, the Chaffee Sport crew gets automatically retrained to regular Chaffee (not in RU patchnotes apparently)
- according to WG statistics, in last patches, the game performance (FPS) was increasing for players, it should be the same in 9.4
- Stalingrad will not be added to CW anytime soon
- developers are still working on motion physics
- the 7/54 format for team battles was chosen based on player feedback
- Sixth Sense will be reworked in one of the upcoming patches
- 9.4 is 655 megs large
- individual missions? “When it’s done it’s done” (SS: 9.5)
- it’s not true that every tier 10 battle ends with credit loss, some end with small gain (with premium account and while winning)
- artillery accuracy was not nerfed in 9.4
- E-25 is apparently fine, when it comes to its characteristics – it’s worse than regular vehicles of the same tier
- Wargaming has many HD models almost ready, they just need a bit tweaking
- there will be no HD pack with ultra highres textures for 9.4 (or ever again)
- the reference (invite) system is still being tested, it won’t come with 9.4
- 9.4 will not bring the gun sounds from 9.4 test 1 and 2, they were withdrawn for rework
- the artillery fire support effect (before the missionj starts) was also removed from the final patch 9.4, it will be reworked
- the T-54 Light camo factor was actually buffed in 9.4, it will become less visible

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:20 am

FV4005 Pictures
Posted on November 8, 2014 by Silentstalker — 50 Comments ↓
Source: FTA VK community

Just a couple more pics of the FV4005 Stage II model.http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/38E-z5IS1ew.jpghttp://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/dPS66mcblys.jpghttp://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Pp63G4_QSlM.jpghttp://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/S8EjkY9usqc.jpghttp://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/VWXckJIPFoY.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:21 am

UI Bug in 9.4
Posted on November 9, 2014 by Silentstalker — 6 Comments ↓
Many thanks to Applesaucebandit for this one (and for the other people, who did let me know)

There’s a funny bug in the XP conversion screen – basically, when you run your mouse over the list of tanks, the names will start…. shrinking. It happens to a client even without mods, tested it myself. Nothing gamebreaking of course, just another of the many little bugs in 9.4.http://i.imgur.com/BWKyUId.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:21 am

M53/M55 Bugged Model in Action
Posted on November 9, 2014 by Silentstalker — 2 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

by now, you already probably know about the screwed model of the M53/M55. Thanks to Russian player Torsys_sd, you can see how it looks in praxis. Notice how the shells are flying through the model and how they actually hit, when you aim ABOVE the artillery, because the turret is shifted upwards.

Oh and that song is amazing, I’ll have to translate that (it’s a modified Soviet air force march with WoT-related text) Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:22 am

WoT Blitz Not Working With Emulator
Posted on November 9, 2014 by Silentstalker — 1 Comment ↓
Hello everyone,

WoT Blitz (and the entire mobile gaming) is not something I am very interested in, but occasionally, an interesting piece of information pops up.

Recently, I’ve read several threads about the fear of players, that the new Android Blitz will work on Android emulators, allowing the players to use keyboard and mouse for total pwneage. One unnamed player (better that way, since he was attempting something not exactly kosher) tested this theory with the popular Bluestacks emulator.

It is not working. According to the player, it crashes and freezes on launch. It’s actually possible to make the game run, but the textures are missing (pink and white checkers) and it suffers from impossible lags. So, no keyboard + mouse pwnage for you!

Unless you find out how to fix it.

In which case I would be very interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Posted on November 9, 2014 by Silentstalker — 56 Comments ↓
Oddly enough, there’s nothing much going on on supertest – the reason for it is that the official supertest teamspeak crashed and there’s noone to fix it over the weekend.

Also, Russian players apparently made WoT Blitz work on PC using an emulator. Will look into that further (post “how-to’s” etc.).

- Storm confirms that the theory that low hp tanks bounce more shots is crap
- a player was complaining that (unlike earlier), now the position of mouse cursor, when pressing Escape in battle, isn’t as it was earlier (on the “leave battle” button) and he has to scroll the mouse to get to it. Storm stated that they just didn’t pay attention to it, it’s not intentional.
- on the new HD models, the textures are in the new (higher) resolution, but the textures of visual camouflages remain in the old (low) resolution
- hitting a dead tank with a HE shell (arty) does not generate splash, this is intentional
- the decision to remove ultra HD textures was influenced by the fact that practically noone downloaded the HD pack in 9.3 (0,1 players) by the fact that the difference between the (current HD) regular and ultra HD textures is negligible
- developers are still thinking what to do with the SU-76I, nothing was decided yet
- Mountain Pass map will be investigated, heat maps will be checked (there is a suspicion that one side has an advantage over the other)
- Ruinberg on Fire will be removed from the game
- apparently, there is a minimap bug in 9.4, causing the minimap to display wrong enemy tank positions under certain circumstances (enemy left the render range, his icon got “stuck” on minimap and moved only when the player moved and the enemy tank appeared in render range again), Storm was made aware
- 9.5 will come out this year
- Storm does now know, when (or whether) the number of players in clan will be increased
- no plans to buff or nerf arty
- no comment on supertest leaks (AMX-13/57)
- AMX-30 and its “branch” will not come in 9.6, but later (when it’s done it’s done)
- Storm states that his earlier quote about WG not willing to put more paper project into the game did not mean historical paper projects, only WG made-up ones
- T92 Light Tank is not in plans for 2015
- Storm knows about the M53/M55 armour model bug, will be fixed
- Storm states that he didn’t have any problem with capturing on (playing) the Stalingrad map
- the profitability of Object 416 is not lower or higher than the one of other vehicles of the same tier

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:33 am

TVP Model 1946 – a Potential Hightier Premium
Posted on November 10, 2014 by Silentstalker — 1 Comment ↓
Hello everyone,

here’s a little preview of a potential premium tier 7-8 tank I’ve put together – you guessed it, it’s Czechoslovak. I am calling it “TVP Model 1946″ (it really has no official designation).

Actually, a quick stop here. Hightier premium medium tanks are in fact a problem for the European branch. This is one of the very few candidates, available for such a position. One might think that this issue will be mitigated by the presence of Swedish tanks in the EU tree, but – no. The Swedish – for all their interesting designs – have problems with hightier medium tanks, some candidates are pretty speculative (or without drawings whatsoever) and the medium branch is generally very strained (what the Swedish do not lack are hightier heavies and TD’s, but mediums are a bit of a problem). Italians are even worse, pretty much only clones or fantasies (Panther II) on high tiers. Hungarians and Polish have no hightier mediums at all and Yugoslavia has some candidates, but it was never really considered to be one of the “primary” EU tree nations (lack of lowtiers). They will probably come, eventually. Switzerland is promising by the way.

Anyway, back to Czechoslovakia. This is the first proposal for TVP by VTU from 1946. Its history is complicated and not really important at this point, if you are interested, check the earlier TVP articles on FTR. Today, we are going to focus on game characteristics and how to turn it into a premium tank.http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/CnthzlE.jpgShort description:

Initial proposal by Military Technical Institute (VTU) for a “medium tank of general use”, designated “TVP”. It was further developed by Škoda and Praga until the 50′s, when the program was cancelled in favour of licensed T-34/85 production.Tier: 7-8 (depending on balance)
Length: 6560mm (8978mm with barrel, gun barrel here is NOT up to scale, it’s a placeholder!)
Width: 3280mm
Height: 2043mm (2367mm with copula)
Clearance: 537mm
Roadwheel diameter: 755mm
Frontal sprocket diameter: 453mm
Rear drive sprocket diameter: 447mm
Return roller diameter: 187mm

Crew: 5 (Commander, Driver, Machinegunner/Radioman, Gunner, Loader)
Weight: 30 or 33 tons (depending on the gun used)

Note: This post incorporates basically two main variants: a “lighter” 30 ton one and a “heavier” one of 33 tons. Please note the standardized crew of 5, useful for other EU hightiers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Posted on November 10, 2014 by Silentstalker — 56 Comments ↓
Not much today.

- new motion physics will definitely not come this year
- Q: “When will the M53/M55 armor bug be fixed? 0.9.8?” A (Storm): “1.0.0″ (SS: yes, that’s trolling)
- Storm likes the Staligrad map
- apparently, there is also a bug, where the reload timer is not working correctly (either with or without mods) on some tanks, the T54E1 in particular. Storm knows about it now.
- Q: “Do you suck dick and like it in the ass?” A (SerB): “Yes, I prefer blacks.” (SS: funny, but I am not quite sure if this is how professionals should reply)

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Posted on November 11, 2014 by Silentstalker — 26 Comments ↓
Straight from Wargaming (confirmed info): map Simferopol will NOT come, at least not anytime soon. It was decided to mothball it.

- women form no more than two percent of WoT playerbase
- the main playerbase of WoT consists of men from 28 to 35 years
- lately, the number of clans was increasing (for various reasons, from CW to the fact the people want a clantag)
- the info above led to the development of Strongholds, as clanners needed some sort of “ecosystem”
- developers are experimenting with Stronghold mode “bunkers”, created in some sort of building (their strength depends on the level of the building, the bunkers are being tested on Malinovka)
- these bunkers and other SH consumables will be deployed by clan commander via a “tactical tablet”
- current version of premium account/tank XP is temporary, premium tanks (or account, unclear) will be buffed further
- Storm won’t participate in WoWs development “Tanks are 200 percent enough for me”
- Stalingrad will be further fixed (players complained about the “small yards”, Storm added that the map is difficult as it is even without them)
- PvE mode: “when it’s done it’s done”
- 3-caliber rule will not be cancelled (“tell that to players shooting big guns at light tanks”)
- a player proposed a theory, that some of the lags are caused on the client side by energy saving CPU functions (EIST, C-States, Turbo Boost). Storm: “Until you present us with evidence of these “mysterious” lags, it’s unlikely we will do anything”

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:03 pm

Straight Outta Supertest: New Map Simferopol
Posted on November 11, 2014 by Silentstalker — 45 Comments ↓

New map from supertest – Simferopol, based on a city in Crimea. http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/F7prbQtL5Sg.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Wargaming Recognizes Kosovo As a Country
Posted on November 11, 2014 by Silentstalker — 108 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

since I recieved like 5 e-mails about this matter, I decided to have a look. Basically, what happened: in recent South East Championship portal post, Wargaming wrote a list of countries, that can participate in that particular tournament, dedicated to – as the name suggests – SE Europe. The list is as such:

Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Malta, Montenegro, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Turkey

In the corresponding forum thread, players took issues with that particular post. For one, earlier, there was “Macedonia” listed instead of the current “Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”. What is more interesting is that there is Kosovo listed amongst the names of the states.

Kosovo is a “country”, recognized only partially by the UN – Russia for example does not acknowledge its existence. As you can imagine, this did not please the Serbian players too much. The forum thread then got filled with WG staff, defending their decision.

Edit: removed controversial part of the post after sound advice

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:05 am

3rd Campaign Stream Q&A
Posted on November 12, 2014 by Silentstalker — 1 Comment ↓
Source: http://world-of-ru.livejournal.com/3592067.html

Hello everyone,

Russians had a special stream with CW developers, dedicated to 3rd CW campaign and Maiorboltach was kind enough to provide us with a transcript. The guest developers were Aleksei “Inaki” Ilyin and Aleksei “Orc” Plotnikov.

I am not sure which of these points were already published on EU server or which of these points apply to RU version only, should be the same however.

- apparently the third campaign will take about a month, on 25.12. the results should be already known
- in the campaign, you can choose one of three rewards: VK7201, M60 or Object 907 (when the campaign ends, the winners will get a link to a page, where they can get one of those tanks). There will be three days to choose, if the player doesn’t choose within these three days, he will automatically get the Object 907
- if you already have that tank, you cannot get it again (presence in the hangar counts, not the fact it’s in your statistics), you will NOT get a gold compensation
- apart from the medals and tanks, the winners will also get a unique summer camouflage for one tank in your garage of your choice- 3rd campaign is the first time unique clan content (camo, inscriptions, emblems) is introduced as rewards – WG will collect feedback on this and work on the mechanism. WG does think about future clan reward camos, that would be more visible than the regular ones, for example a digital camouflage, much brighter than the usual one, more detailed than the current one in the Chinese branch
- T95E6 is also a “clan” tank, it will be awarded for clan activity (no details for now)
- the three stages of the campaign will not be tied to one another
- between the CW stages, there will be a CW map reset
- tanks will not be awarded to non-active accounts, that did not participate in the campaign
- in 3rd campaign, the Fame Points will be awarded during the next “turn” after finishing the quest (mission, task), not the last day as it was in the previous campaigns
- if clans or players accumulate identical number of points, then the amount of players/clans rewarded will be increased by one to reward both participants
- 3rd campaign scrapped the victory points, clans will also get fame points (sum of all fame points of players + some coefficients). If a player leaves for another clan, he doesn’t lose the personal fame points, but the clan fame points will remain with the old clan
- all the tanks, posted above, are strictly clan exclusive, it will NOT be possible to buy them or get them in solo missions. At this moment, there are no plans to use them in any future clan activities. The only tank currently planned for future clan activities is the T95E6, for 2015 new tanks are being developed
- individual missions will have 4 reward tanks (including a tier 10 one), they are currently being tested
- tier 7 and 9 tanks are not used in the campaign, because they are not used for the SH and TB mode either. Plus, grinding tier 7 and 9 tanks would negatively affect the preparation of players for 3rd campaign, considering the large numbers of tier 6 and 8 tanks
- there will most likely be a 4th Campaign as well, but it does not have priority now
- the priority (in the CW department) is now set to CW 2.0, which will be introduced in 2015
- in the first 3C stage, the fame points coefficient will be 1,5, because tier 6 tanks recieves much less XP than tier 8 and 10 tanks
- there will be no class/type hardcap for 3C, the only limit is the tier
- the prize pool was heavily influenced by second campaign and the number of prizes was set so the players would have to fight even harder for it
- noone can remove your fame points from you
- the next CW event after 3C will already be in CW 2.0

Non-campaign:

- SH consumables will come very soon (in next SH update), new areas (SS: directions? I don’t keep up with the terminology in English) will be added
- these will be tied to buildings, you will have to prepare reserves and the amount of reserves is tied to the amount of uses of these consumables

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:44 am

Province Now in Hightier Rotation?
Posted on November 12, 2014 by Silentstalker — 17 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

last night, several players on US server reported that for some strange reason, Province returned to hightier rotation. I am not sure this concerns any other server than the US one, since all the reports came from USA/Canada, but in any case, it’s true (screens by Admiral_Bane):
http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/shot_599.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Clanwars Campaign 3 Reward Camo
Posted on November 12, 2014 by Silentstalker — 9 Comments ↓
Thanks to Razven for the screenies. As announced earlier today, there will be a special summer camouflage awarded to one tank (regardless of nation), if you are amongst the third campaign winners. This is how it looks.http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/AssWngu.jpghttp://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/QIfgiew.jpghttp://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/XtrGLyL.jpghttp://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/ye2pHka.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:14 pm

Straight Outta Supertest: Upcoming Viewrange Nerf
Posted on November 12, 2014 by Silentstalker — 69 Comments ↓
Source: http://world-of-ru.livejournal.com/3592745.html

As predicted, in 9.5, some vehicles will have a viewrange nerf. Here is a list of some, I am not quite sure whether the list is complete, my bet is that it is not. On the other hand, scouts got theirs buffed. The old one is in the brackets.

IS-8: 370 (400)
WT Pz4: 320 (410)
Т-54: 370 (390)
Т-44: 360 (380)
ISU-152: 310 (370)
IS-3: 360 (350) (a buff, odd)
Rhm.-Borsig: 310 (400)
Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger (P): 360 (380)
Jagdpanther: 300 (370)
T20 350: (390)
Lorr.155 51: 280 (360)
GW Panther: 270 (370)

AMX-13-75: 430 (390)
T21: 420 (390)

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Posted on November 12, 2014 by Silentstalker — 21 Comments ↓
Please note that Veider confirmed that the leaked viewrange nerf is NOT final – they are just experimental numbers (extreme values) to check how the vehicles would fare under such conditions. The only thing that is confirmed is that they are working on viewrange nerf.

- Historical battles will not come in 9.5
- TD’s currently form less than 30 percent of the vehicles in WoT
- developers are apparently considering returning the Confrontation mode (“national battles”) – the temporary solution is to hardcap vehicles to maximum of 3 vehicles of the same type (SS: as in, three E-100′s max) per team, Storm admits that this will prolong waiting times, but not to 5 minutes or something
- Storm admits large amount of bugs in 9.4, currently WG is investigating why that happened
- according to Storm, the number of online players on RU server is the same as it was last year by this time
- new serverside physics will not be split, it will come in one patch
- when nerfing viewrange, developers will take into account that some hightier mediums (Batchat, Leopard) act as scouts.
- Veider states that the logic behind the viewrange nerf is that the developers want to make tanks fit more in their role on the battlefield in order to return to the “rock-paper-scissors” principle
- Veider is aware that the viewrange nerf might cause more “vanishing tanks in the middle of a field” issues, that is another matter WG will address
- the “vanishing tanks in the middle of the field” will be fixed by the following principle: currently, a tank shoots, gets spotted due to camo penalty for shooting, but when that penalty wears off, its camo is improved and the tank disappears. In the future, the penalty will not wear off until the vehicle leaves enemy viewrange zone
- developers are “discussing furiously” the option of reducing the viewrange only when the tank is camping in bushes
- various viewrange sectors (SS: a tank would see forward further than to the sides) would be hard for players to understand and it would be very expensive server resource-wise

Oh yea and another look at the reward camo for CW campaign 3http://s7.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2014/11/72e73867982130bd294824e95d74ab60.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Posted on November 13, 2014 by Silentstalker — 49 Comments ↓
Apparently the Stalingrad map has a nasty bug, where certain heaps of rubble are visible from only one side and they don’t stop shells. It can be seen on this photo – from the player’s position, you can see the heap clearly, but when the deathcam switched to the tank that destroyed the player (the player is the white body slightly under the central crosshair), you can see that the heap is missing. This bug will be fixed.

Due to the enormous amount of bugs in 9.4, Storm created a special topic for bug feedback (it’s RU specific, so it’s pointless to post your bug reports under this thread). Storm states that when it comes to alleged equipment installation bug (it apparently gets removed under certain conditions), this bug was not confirmed during testing on a clean client.

- there will be a micropatch soon (between 9.4 and 9.5), fixing some of the worst issues, specifically the enemy seeing your chat channel during special battles (CW), the lagging (freezing) minimap markers, the jumping serverside aim circle and the damage from slightly touching the allies (altogether 10-15 bugs will be fixed)
- the M53/M55 collision model bug was already fixed by WG on their side
- Storm spends 25-50 percent of his free time at home reading Russian WoT forums and LJ pages
- the bug, where entering a battle in Stronghold mode gets you stucked on the “loading wheel” is known and will be fixed
- in team battles, voicechat is also bugged (both sides can hear it), will be fixed
- Storm states that Windows XP users getting stucked on loading screen might be caused by mods
- earlier, the ramming system did not work properly, the 9.4 change was in fact a fix. Storm states that the players, who want the old system back just got used to the old, bad one.
- the reload timer lagging on autoloader tanks is caused by faulty mods
- the general viewrange nerf WILL include premium tanks as well
- until the alpha stage of the game, the viewrange sectors were actually split (the vehicle saw more forward than it saw to its sides), but the developers decided not to do it due to the fact that the viewrange felt somewhat random
- the changes planned for the entire TD class are not really a nerf, more like a rebalance. More variants will be tested.
- Storm states that Veider’s statement about “rock-paper-scissors” was a mistake: “He expressed himself incorrectly. We are thinking about the roles of tanks, each of them will be interesting in its own way. That doesn’t necesserily mean that the tank class and its role have to match.”

Storm on the (negative) reactions on the viewrange nerf:

“Dear idiots! Butthurt from a set test numbers we are using in order to answer some questions, yea, that’s really smart. Before you start writing shit, stop, start thinking and better not write anything. In worst case, post pictures with girls and kittens.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:04 am

9.4.1 Hotfix
Posted on November 13, 2014 by Silentstalker — 24 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

according to a post on German forums, 9.4.1 hotfix is coming “very soon” (possibly tomorrow) or the day after. If will bring the following changes:

- fixed the bug where you can see two Tiger I’s in the crew tank retraining menu
- fixed the bug where the minimap markers are locked (stuck) whenever the vehicle marked is further than 500 meters from you
- fixed the bug where some players got stuck in the Stronghold queue on the “rotating wheel”
- M53/M55 armor model fixed
- fixed some freezes, happening when the player accepts an invitation in a lobby too fast
- fixed the bug where you could activate small repair kit even though it was used already
- fixed the bug where the lines in the “free XP conversion” window shrunk upon mouseover
- fixed the flickering during the switch between arcade and sniper mode
- fixed the bug where enemy group can see your chat (and hear your voicechat) in the “special battles” window
- fixed the bug where deactivating the battle chat also deactivated the platoon chat
- fixed the Stalingrad minimap, showing incorrect data
- fixed the second German summer camouflage

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:33 am

Mini Q&A
Posted on November 14, 2014 by Silentstalker — 94 Comments ↓
Time for mini Q&A, because of breaking news.

- Ruinberg on Fire and Severogorsk will be completely removed from the game in 9.5 (the issue with Ruinberg on Fire is that it’s “too dark”)
- tier 10 replacement of the FV4202 (Action X) will come neither in 0.9.6 nor in 0.9.7

And others info:

- regarding the second Tiger in the crew retraining choice – “we tested stock Tiger as a separate vehicle”
- nobody knows what will happen to SU-76i now
- no buff for Super Pershing planned – for now
- Storm confirms that the M53/M55 collision model is still screwed in the hotfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:34 am

Posted on November 14, 2014 by Silentstalker — 97 Comments ↓
- SU-76i was removed because it was too strong (gun, viewrange)
- the main reason to use CW reward tanks in battles is the fact they are unique, that’s why it’s alright they are a bit weaker than regular tier 10′s
- the damage difference between AP and HE shells is purely a balance decision
- buff of old LT’s to match them to the new 9.3 ones? “If necessery of course.”
- night battles in WoT? “WoT players have a very poor understanding of what a night battle is”
- apparently, there’s yet another nasty bug in 9.4 – in it, players with premium account are awarded the same amount of XP as with regular account, or actually LESS (visible on this screenshot, lower right corner). Storm: “Oh fuck…”

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:45 pm

0.9.4.1 Hotfix on ASIA Server (fuckup inside)
Posted on November 15, 2014 by Silentstalker — 65 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

in the morning of ASIA server time, the 0.9.4.1 hotfix got applied on ASIA server. Well… I’ll just leave this here. So, what do you do, when you fuck up the collision model of a vehicle in the game?http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/M53_M55_16-51-16.jpgFix it? Of course not. You fuck up the visual model too. Presenting you: M53/M55 in Asian hotfix.http://ftr.wot-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/iWQDXt2.jpgIncredible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Djchopper1 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:46 pm

Tier 8 Premium Discounts Coming in December
Posted on November 15, 2014 by Silentstalker — 37 Comments ↓
Hello everyone,

if you are planning to buy a tier 8 premium tank, be aware that Tanitha (ASIA server producer) confirmed that there will be tier 8 premium discounts coming in December during the festivities period. He also wrote:

Just be a little warned that… big events such as these festive periods. have big global activities… (IE similar on all servers)
Being global, they need to suit all.. So with this period more emphasis is put on new year (and early January) rather than xmas itself.
So Dec -> Jan is covered fairly heavily.. Just that everything isn’t crammed into the xmas week. It’s more spread out..

So, in case you are thinking about tier 8 premium, might be worth waiting a while, regardless of what server you play on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top